It doesn't seem that long ago since I met Steven... But we met January of 2012 at the beginning of the winter semester at Brigham Young University-Idaho. We became really good friends and enjoyed hanging out together along with a few of our mutual friends. I didn't think he ever was, or would be, interested in me and so I accepted that we would just be friends. Apparently HE had a different idea... and after I returned back to BYU-Idaho after my summer break we reconnected and he was encouraged by his friends and roommates that he should ask me on a date.
I was pretty oblivious through the whole thing while we were just in our "hanging out" stage and didn't even realize until one night he asked me out to a movie (Pixar's Brave... Which is a really cute movie, by the way!) followed by an evening of just chatting and hanging out together and I realized that he was interested in pursuing a more committed relationship.
Our journey through our dating lives was pretty typical if you ask me. We went out, got to know each other more, and continued to progress in our relationship. Our love began to blossom and I knew I didn't want to spend my time with anyone else but him.
After spending the Christmas 2012 break apart from one another with minimal contact during that time because he was at home without internet or cell phone service, I knew I loved him and I was sure I wanted to marry him. I still did not know how he felt and was extremely excited and curious to see how he felt when we were reunited again. Upon returning to Rexburg in January 2013, my heart leapt when I saw him get out of his car to meet me, my brother, and my roommate, Erica, outside of Five Guys in Idaho Falls. I felt my face beam as I approached him to give him that long awaited hug I had hoped for.
A few days after returning, I was helping him move in to his new apartment and somehow we got on the topic of marriage. It turned out he felt the same way I did over the break and we decided that day that we wanted to get married!
He took me to buy my ring (yes... we skipped the whole "element of surprise" thing... But he wanted to get something that I would love... I am spoiled by my amazing man!) and after a month of waiting until he could get a weekend off of work we were off to Washington to meet my folks and so he could ask my father for my hand. After my parent's granted us their blessing he didn't wait any longer and PROPOSED on February 17, 2013. I had really wanted to go take pictures in front of the Teapot Dome Station in my little hometown of Zillah, WA (because what else is there to do in that town anyways??). I will admit that I totally checked Steven's pockets out to see if he had the ring on him but after my careful inspection I decided that he didn't have it and would probably just wait to propose until after we got back to school. Turns out I was all wrong... He very sneakily slipped the ring into his pocket. After I had set up my camera on its tripod, set the timer on the camera, and ran over next to him to pose for the picture he suddenly pushed himself away from me. My first instinct was to turn and see what it was that this guy was up to... Turns out that as I had turned to see what he was doing he whipped the ring out of his pocket and got down on one knee. I was so surprised and happy that I didn't say anything, but I stood there and giggled. I must have just froze like that for so long that he ended up asking me to marry him again and of course...I said YES!
We are now currently trying to find a place to live starting in mid-July or August here in Rexburg and making arrangements for the big day! We have set a date for July 26, 2013 in the Logan, Utah LDS Temple! I am so excited to get to spend the rest of forever with my best friend!
And THAT, my friends, is the beginning of US!






No comments:
Post a Comment