Today has been quite a day... I don't think I like Mondays... I never had a pure dislike for them-it was always just another start of a new week but I haven't DREADED them so much. However, these past 2 Mondays have really kicked my butt! Last week I overslept an hour and was a little bit late for work and was rushed and flustered up all that morning and today our land lady thought that we hadn't paid her rent and so she swung by to pick it up while I was at school and poor Steven was all like... "Uh. Well you have already been paid but even if I wanted to I don't have any way to pay you this second..." Our land lady is almost 90 but she is quite forgetful and hard to deal with in that way sometimes. I had paid rent this month. Early in fact. She just had forgotten that I had come by her house TWICE to smooth out things when our post lady decided that she would just directly deliver our rent payment to our land lady whom then just immediately deposited the check... *GROAN* So then I had to get online and find a proof of payment sheet which (thankfully!) had scanned images of the original check that she had deposited with HER OWN signature on the back to endorse it. Thankfully she understood that and (finally) would write me a receipt. *PHEW* Thank goodness that's over.
On a happier note... Here is what I have been working on in my sewing class the past couple of weeks:
 |
| It's a bib out of a kitchen towel! |
 |
| Baby sleeper jammies! |
Now... I remind all of you... I am in a children's clothing class.. No baby is on the way, nor will be for a looooong while. But it's still fun to make things for super cheap that I see retailed for 3-4 times more than the cost of my materials! Maybe I will almost completely outfit our kids someday with homemade articles of clothing... Hmmm...
Next we are finishing up a t-shirt and pants (I am making these cute navy leggings!) and then a blessing dress and coat!
Maybe someday I'll start selling stuff like this... Hmm.. Quite tempting seeing as at the cost I could get some materials I could definitely compete with regular retail stores and produce much higher quality products... Maybe... Someday...
Steven is still working evenings and so the house is always quiet and lonely when I get home. We are hoping he can get switched to the day shift for the winter semester while I am in school and he is off-track so that we have more similar schedules and will actually get to spend time together on a regular basis. He keeps saying he wants to do that so we can have (and I quote) "date nights." Oh wouldn't that be lovely! You bet I am praying that he gets the day shift!!!
Sorry for you landlord problems. We have lived lots of places and had some really old landlords, but have never run into that problem. Hope Steven can work out a schedule for you to be able to see him more. The baby stuff you have posted look so cute!
ReplyDelete