Sorry it's been so long since I have written last. My last couple of semesters of school were quite busy but now that I am finished and settling in to my new job, I have found more time to myself and figured I better be keeping this up as well!
As most of you know, my fashion show was just last month and it went SO well!! We had a great turn out and events like this do so much good for the clothing design program!! I made a wedding dress that was modeled by the bride at the show. It was so fun to create and equally as fun to have it modeled at the fashion show. I felt so professional and had so much fun!!
![]() |
| The runway |
![]() |
| That's my dress!!!! WOO! |
Graduation was also such a fun event! It was great to shake hands with President Clark during his last duty as President of the University and to receive my diploma! It was also SO great to see all of my family! My brother and I walked at graduation together so our entire immediate family made it out to see us!
![]() |
| The girls from my department who graduated with me this semester! |
![]() |
| Selfie with my momma! |
As a graduation present from my parents, I got a serger!! I was so excited as I have never had one of my own before and always had to rely on the ones in the lab on campus!! Steven also got me a professional grade steaming iron!!!!! I feel like a professional now! I have all the equipment I need to do any sort of home sewing business I need!
However, since I am now working at David's Bridal, I am not supposed to take on bridal/formal wear alterations outside of work as it conflicts with my job and creates competition for them. I have done a few simple ready-wear fixes here and there but while I am at David's I have to keep home alteration business on the back burner.
![]() |
| There's my steaming iron!! |
Speaking of this new job... We went to Buffalo Wild Wings after my first day to celebrate! I am just on the alterations team for now but by the end of May I should be moved up to Management!!! I am really excited for the experience and everything this job will bring to our family!
![]() |
| We wanted to try a bunch of flavors... So we did! |
And now I am done with school I have more time to work on some projects I really have been wanting to do. My first project was to refinish this dresser and repurpose it for a new entertainment center!! I was getting sick of our old one that was black glass because it showed SO much dust!!! I was tired of cleaning it just about every other day just to keep it looking decent. So this was definitely an upgrade. Also, this is solid wood so it is definitely a higher quality piece of furniture as well, and can support a larger TV if we decide to upgrade in the future (Steven thinks he needs a big screen to watch football).
![]() |
| Before... |
![]() |
| Before |
![]() |
| Before |
![]() |
| Before |
![]() |
| Sanding that oak finish off! |
![]() |
| Fresh stain! |
![]() |
| Stain and primer coat |
![]() |
| After! |
UNTIL NEXT TIME!

























No comments:
Post a Comment