Tuesday, July 14, 2015

Life Beyond the Safety Net

I always have been good at school.  Regardless if I really liked school or not at certain points of my life, I have been quite good at it.  It has seemed somewhat easy for me to accomplish things in a school setting and I seriously could be a professional student.  

I have discovered lately that I am struggling to make this transition into the professional world.  I am slowly working my way there and have been slowly becoming more comfortable with my new job.  But I struggle with keeping work at work and only focusing on home and my personal life when I am off the clock and with accepting the idea that there really isn't a "break" from work.  Even during my slower seasons, I will still have to go and put in my 40+ hours every week, unless I request vacation time, which I discovered is hard to get away from because of the responsibilities I hold there.  

Regardless, I do feel so blessed to have a good job that is helping us out financially and that  supports our family while we really get started in the real world.  And hopefully, I won't have to continue to work after we get settled wherever we end up when Steven is finished with school.

Steven has landed an internship with the local news station this summer!  I think he is super excited to learn lots and get his internship out of the way for school.  We hope that if things go well that this internship could turn into some job opportunities in the future, whether there at that station or that the experience will set him apart for another place.  He is finishing up a broadcast performance class this semester at school and has really enjoyed learning his way around a news set and has really improved his performance on camera! Sometimes watching his clips, I forget that he is just a student learning because he sounds so professional!!  It would be fun for him to get to do some of that for his future career. 

Despite how busy we have been with school and work... We still find time for each other as much as possible!




Ready for the drive in movie!

I love a great date night with my sweet husband!!! Dating him never will get old!
Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment