Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Recovery Time!

Wow… These last few weeks have been INSANE!!!  I just finished up finals last week and then we spent the weekend in Utah for our friend's Sam & Kayla's wedding.  I feel like it's taken me almost 2 full days just to recover from it all!!

Since my last post lots has changed actually.  I went on my trip to LA and had a blast!  I bought so much fabric from the fabric district (SOOOO CHEAP!!!!) and would have lots of pictures to share from that trip, but unfortunately my camera was stolen the last night we were there… So alas, I don't have very many pictures, just the ones I did take on my phone. But I met some great people that have been successful in my field and I got to learn a lot from them! 

So since the camera incident I bought a new camera from a girl here that was graduating and didn't want to move it.  I love it and am grateful for Steven for encouraging me to get it.  Especially because I was the photographer for this wedding we went to this weekend.  That was a fun experience as well and I am excited to add that to my portfolio!

Also, the day I left for LA I had a job interview at The Hickory (one of our favorite local restaurants) and I got a new job!!! YAY!!! I am on the serving staff so occasionally I work on the cash register/hostess and sometimes back in the kitchen on, what they call, Expo (Basically I do whatever needs to be done that the servers don't have time to do during their busier nights).  So far I love it!  The people I work with are great and it is probably the busiest job I have had so far.  I am actually going to start training to be a waitress this week!

Steven still works a lot and hopefully will be able to balance work with school next week when he starts Spring semester.  Thankfully I am off track so I can help him more with school this time around.  I will however have an internship starting on Monday as well working with alterations and designing my own clothes.  It will be lots of fun!

Here are some pictures I thought I'd share.  Enjoy!

My plants poking through back in March!

The Fashion Institute of Design and Merchandising fashion show!!

Outside the museum in LA

Diane Von Furstenburg exhibit at the museum

Trolly at The Grove mall 

Our fabric we fit in our van!

Fashion District downtown LA

My final design for Pattern Making

Finished product for my final design (on the right is me at the fashion show)

Still have no clue what to do with all this fabric… :)


The rest are just some pictures from the wedding.  Enjoy!!









Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment