Thursday, March 6, 2014

Out with the old…

Steven and I have been sleeping on his old bed he had since high school while we saved up to buy our own.  Well, thanks to our diligent saving AND our tax return… WE FINALLY HAVE A NEW BED!!  Thank goodness!  While I was super grateful we had a bed in the first place (and it was free) it is so nice to get a little bit bigger, and WAY more comfortable bed of our own!  It's also a monumental occasion for us because it's the first big purchase we have made together!!
Here it is in all it's glory!!!! 
My handsome model!

I guess I needed a turn modeling it too. Like my outfit? :P
We got a memory foam hybrid bed (meaning instead of being 100% foam it has a layer of springs amongst the bottom-most layer of foam that is supposed to help increase the life of the memory foam).  And Oh. My. Gosh. Is it comfy!! I haven't slept this good in quite a while!  It's also a queen size rather than the full we had which didn't seem too much bigger but those few extra inches REALLY make a difference!  We aren't constantly bumping into each other as we sleep now and thanks to the memory foam--we hardly move or turn over throughout the night!  And if you do the bed doesn't move much at all so we don't disturb each other's sleep anymore! Yay!!!  We also opted for this bed frame that basically replaced the need for a box spring so it gives us around 14-17 inches of storage UNDER the bed which is nice and is SUPER easy to fold and unfold and becomes quite compact which will be great for moving especially since we only will have the mattress to move and no box spring! Win-win!

This week they have finally displayed our designs in the library here on campus! Here is my little dress I posted last time in it's display glory!
I think it's cuter on the mannequin… But here it is!

That's all for now! Until next time!




No comments:

Post a Comment