Friday, February 28, 2014

Early Signs of Spring Fever

February and March are always the worst around here because the weather teases us so badly!! The sun will come out and shine for a few days, then we get days like today that are super windy and have been rainy.  At least the snow is pretty much gone and there hasn't been any more recently.  *crosses fingers*

Since the weather hadn't been so bad we went with some friends to go shooting this last weekend.  It was fun to get out in the sunshine even though it was still pretty cold.

Here's a fun little video of us blowing up some stuff… Please ignore my terrible laughter at the end of this clip…


Other than that our life has been pretty normal/boring.  I am gearing up to go on a trip to L.A. in a couple weeks for a school field trip.  It's a senior trip for those in my major.  I think only 4 or 5 of us are going so it'll be lots of fun!  We are hitting up a bunch of famous fashion museums as well as attending a real fashion show!  Super stoked for that!  I promise to take as many pictures as I can and share!  In the meantime, enjoy my latest design!
My original design! (it's a half scale version)


Steven and I have been trying to eat healthier lately as well.  Steven's family is doing a little weight loss competition which they started back in January, but after a few weeks of eating not-so-healthy on a regular basis, I figured it's time for us to jump on board.  Steven has been losing weight regardless because of his job but I am either at school or sitting at my office job so it's been a different story on my end.  Thankfully Steven is super supportive of my desire to be healthier and to slim back down to wedding weight (maybe even then some).  I have even signed up to meet with a personal fitness consultant here at BYU-Idaho to keep me accountable for getting to the gym.

Salmon with broccoli and salad! Delicious AND super healthy!


On another note, I saw this sticker on the back of a car in front of me yesterday.  It may not seem like much but it brightened my day and reminded me that I decide what mood I am in.

Until next time!

2 comments:

  1. I'm so ready for spring too! So cool about your field trip to LA! Can't wait to hear all about it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Some days I think spring is almost here!!! But then Rexburg reminds me that it's still Rexburg and throws in some nasty days here and there… Oh well..
      I leave for LA in just under 2 weeks!!!! I will take lots of pictures and I am sure I'll have plenty to share!! We have quite the itinerary lined up for us for that week!

      Delete