November is a big month for us because we both celebrate our birthdays! Steven turned 26 this year and I turned 22. To celebrate Steven's birthday we went out for a late lunch at the Hickory the Saturday before his birthday and we had cupcakes and played games with friends on Sunday. Even though we are still on our diets we kept to it by ordering what I know we can eat at the Hickory and I found a recipe to make low carb cupcakes! (Thank you Internet!!!). For my birthday, we went to Red Robin for lunch, got a free burger (that Steven ate bunless with a side a broccoli instead of the fries) and I had the ensenada chicken with a side salad. (YUM!) Steven let me go shopping to celebrate my birthday and he bought himself a new game to celebrate his. We were quite lame with the surprises and gifts this year. It was hard to top last years birthdays though so we did it pretty low key.
We are both still busy with school but things are really kicking up with my fashion show!! It's only 1 month away and boy can I feel the pressure there! I designed and had the posters printed and my committee helped get them plastered all over campus. I am still working on a few more advertising and marketing things, including standing at a booth handing out flyers for a few hours this week and the last 2 weeks before the show, but for the most part the details are starting to demand attention. Thankfully I have a SUPER helpful committee that does so much for me!!!
I also had an assignment that allowed me to make a large format print, frame it, and have it on display in the Spori Building!!!!!! WOO!! I was pretty stoked with how it turned out!!
Today marked the first blustery wintery day here. It snowed overnight last night and was SUPER chilly and windy all day. So I finally buckled down and made the insulated curtain we wanted to hang at the bottom of the stairs to help keep the heat from rising up into the loft area right in front of our front door. Then when I heard that it would get down to around -40 degrees tonight I went around to each window (and the front door) and covered each with a quilt or thick blanket to help keep the heat in tonight. I hate when it gets so cold like this--it scares me... I'm ready for summer to be back already. I miss being able to open the window and have the fresh air pour in... We definitely live in the wrong area for our weather preferences...
Well, that's all I can think of for now!
Until next time!







No comments:
Post a Comment