Friday, October 16, 2015

New Adventures!

I always thought I would keep updated more often now that I am not in school but I keep forgetting about it! Dangit! 

Anyways, within this past week I received a new job offer!  There is a company in IF that is fairly new and is growing rapidly so they have new job positions that need filled.  Genet Orme (one of my former professors and dear friend) texted me earlier in the week and passed along some job information to me.  I figured "what the heck?" and sent in my resume last Friday.  It wasn't but 4 or so hours later that I had a voicemail on my phone asking if I could come in for an interview for the following Monday!! I have never had such a fast response with a job application before! So I went in with some portfolio work in hand (I had also never had a potential employer want to see previous work before so that was fun!) and they called me back roughly 24 hours later and I had the job! Wow. I can't believe how fast it all happened and sometimes still feel in shock by it.  Part of me was a little sad because I have really enjoyed being back at the restaurant and being part of that family again, but I know this new job will be good for my career and will provide many blessings down the road as well.

Steven is still doing the school thing and the more this semester goes on the more excited I am to be done dealing with school all together.  I don't have to go to class or anything but Steven's whole life revolves around either school or work and it's getting old really fast.  Thankfully, even though he technically has one semester left, by the time we get to Christmas, most of this will be over.  He only has his senior project and 1 on campus class left after that so after this semester that will feel like a cakewalk. 

I have also recently started teaching sewing lessons to a 13 year old girl here in town.  Her mom bought her a sewing machine and needed someone to show her how to use it and teach her some sewing techniques.  So far it has been lots of fun!  She is picking it up quick and soon will be on her way to creating whatever she can think up as well!  We made a pillow case together last night and she loved having something to show her mom after that she made.  It was quite rewarding and has been a positive experience so far.

We got to spend the last weekend with most of my family down in Utah for my nephew's baptism.  It is always nice to get to see my family and am reminded at how blessed I am to have such good relationships with my parents and all my siblings. It also made me more excited for Christmas this year because we will ALL be home together for the holidays--the first time since before Steven and I got married!!! This weekend my in-laws will be in town for a short visit and it will be nice to see them as well!

Our birthday's are coming up again here soon and we will have to decide what we will do to celebrate.  We try to do something fun for a combined birthday activity as well as making each other feel special on each of our days as well. We still have no idea what we will do this year but I am sure whatever we come up with will be wonderful.

Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment