Saturday, November 14, 2015

Fall Festivities

This fall has been pretty normal for us. Steven is still trying to hang in there with school and work, and constantly reminds himself he just has to make it until December 16th. He has already registered for his last semester (which only includes 2 classes that equal 3 credits..YAY!) I have been working full time and diving in headfirst into this new job! It's been so much fun and I have learned so much! I am excited to see what the future holds with this job!!

For Halloween Steven and I actually (sorta) dressed up this year! We spent the night with some of our best friends! I somehow missed getting a picture of us all dressed up but I have a picture of what our costumes were!

We decorated the office at work for Halloween!

Our costumes I whipped up

Partying it up with one of our new additions to our circle of friends (and our honorary nephew!! SO CUTE!)



Glen also came up for a quick visit over a weekend in the beginning of November. He secretly just came to pick up his guns that we had been holding on to for him, but the visit was nice too.


For our birthdays this year we kept things pretty relaxed. I realized that this is the first time our birthdays were not on a Saturday or Sunday since we got married. So we actually had work and school on our birthdays this year. For Steven's birthday I made him breakfast in bed before I left for work and then brought home some of his favorites from Panda Express for dinner. After dinner we went to G's Dairy for some delicious ice cream. He got a new coat this year for his birthday. For my birthday, the office manager at work put up a super cute "Happy Birthday" banner by my desk. Everyone at the office was really nice and wished me a happy birthday as well. After I got home from work, Steven took me out to dinner (at my beloved Hickory restaurant) and after we went and played some mini golf together! It was such a fun date for my birthday and I hope we can do more fun things like that in the future! The Saturday in between our birthdays we celebrated with friends by having dinner all together and I tried my hand at this new cupcake recipe--cookies and cream! They were delicious, if I say so myself!!!! 


Birthday banner at work

Mini golfing with my one and only!

WE LOVE ICE CREAM!

We are getting excited for the holidays this year and can't wait to see our family and enjoy that special time together!!

Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment