Sunday, March 29, 2020

Worldwide Day of Fast

President Russel M. Nelson invited everyone of all faiths to participate in a worldwide day of fasting and prayer in regards for the Covid-19 situation right now. We participated in a 24 hour fast today in addition to our home-church routine we have been doing since we have been social distancing. 

Steven and I enjoyed our little Sunday service here at home. Again, Steven was able to bless the sacrament for us and then we followed that with our Come Follow Me study. I have noticed that our study topics have been particularly relevant for the weird time we are in. Today's discussion was on prayer which was very fitting for our worldwide day of fasting and prayer. 

We still are just taking these easy and staying at home. We only leave the house when the weather is nice enough to take the dogs for a walk. I think there won't be many more reasons for me to drive to and from the office to drop stuff off anymore, so we will just be home. I haven't put makeup on since Thursday (and I only did that day because I had a video conference call). This whole situation is surely really good for my skin and hair (since I haven't been applying heat to my hair either--I've just been letting it air dry). 

Steven is preparing his lesson plans to carry out doing virtual school for the rest of the school year. President Trump just announced that it is possible they will extend the social distancing guidelines until April 30th. That would mean we would be doing this whole stay-at-home thing for at least another month on top of the week and a half we already have been doing. 

So far we have been staying healthy which we are very grateful for. And the dogs have been incredibly spoiled having us home full-time. I think it may be a little bit of a struggle with them to fall back into our normal routine when we get back to that in a few months. 

No comments:

Post a Comment